Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More History




Frank Taylor graduated from Tintic High School the 20th of May 1932. I'm going to try and attach a copy of his invitation and diploma. The hobo trip journal and postcards were written in 1931 the summer before his senior year. So he graduated and then he and Jake went on another trip. I only have one postcard saved from that trip. Salt Lake City, Utah May 26, 1931 (just a few days after graduation) Dear Helen, Well, I haven't spent your dime yet and we are still going strong. We didn't eat breakfast this morning but I thought of you anyway. We have eaten once today but we are going in quest of more very shortly. Well tell e verybody hello for me and two for yourself. I guess we won't be home for about a month. Goodby--Jake and Frank The two hobos must have done it again the next summer, because there is a card from Denver dated July 7, 1933 (a day before Frank's 19th birthday) Dear Helen, I'm just taking this opportunity to say hello and wonder if you're still O.K. I hope you're still the same as you was when I saw you last. (whenever that was) We're over here in a nice warm spot in Colorado and it's raining like nobody's business. We starting home tonight so I may be seeing you next week sometime. Well I'll say goodby until later. Love, Jake

No comments: