Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Sweetheart - A letter from Frank to Helen

Walkermine, California Sept 14, 1935 My Sweetheart, Here comes another of my scribbling masterpieces. I sure wish I could write letters, but it just don't seem to be in me. I am still working and I like my job fine. Let's hope I can keep this one. I am working for a real nice fellow. He seems to like me. So maybe I will get along alright this time. I am supposed to be working in the mine, but I only worked in there one night. The boss has had me outside on the dump. The moon sure is pretty, (and lonely). Every time I look at it I can see you, but I can't touch you. I have three of your pictures before me now. Sure a damn cute kid. We got our bags from Salt Lake yesterday. They have been down at Spring Garden for two weeks. ( a little town 9 miles from here) They didn't have sense enough to send them up to us. I was sure getting worried because your big picture was in my suitcase. But I have it now so everything is alright. Why did you send me those pictures of myself. Did you want me to burn them up or send them back. You know that is one of the first signs you are beginning to weaken when you start giving pictures back. I hope all the fellows around here are not right. They said if I didn't get back to you I would lose you. Well I am hoping and praying that I don't, because you mean everything to me. Write often and be careful. God Bless You and keep you (for me). I'll always love you, Charlie (I guess he sometimes went by his first name) Where should I write your letters to.

No comments: